Shop my closet
- As each season comes around I like to go through and clear out pieces I haven’t worn in the last year. This year I took it one step further and cleared out anything that I didn’t love or feel excited about keeping. Clearing out those pieces that just take up space is always so freeing and helps you take stock of what you have, and what you need.
Sell Your Unwanted Pieces
- Stores like Platos Closet and Style Encore are great options for selling your unwanted pieces. You won’t get a ton of money for your used items, but they will give you cash on the spot and it’s an easy way to get rid of those pieces that were taking up unwanted space. If you have more work-wear pieces, Style Encore is your best bet. Platos Closet is best for pieces from Forever 21, Abercrombie, H&M etc.
- If you have higher end pieces, consignment shops are likely your best bet. My favourite shop is The Way We Were in Georgetown.
- If you’re not into selling in person, there are many great online options. DePop, Instagram pages, or Facebook Buy and Sell Groups are some great options, aside from the classics like Kijiji and Ebay.
Use what you already have
- Once you have cleaned out your closet, go back through and pull out some of your staple pieces, as well as a few favourites from last year. Use those pieces as the base to build your wardrobe.
Stick with a colour palette
- To get more wear out of your wardrobe, or be able to pack for a week or more in a carry on, stick with a colour palette. Keeping with a consistent colour scheme will allow you to easily mix and match pieces, make more outfits, and stretch your wardrobe further. Mixing and matching pieces will give you the option to take a dozen pieces into a few dozen outfits.
- A few simple accessories will easily spice up a simple outfit and can take any look from day to night with a quick change.
Shop my closet: