All winter I longed for the day I could have the windows and doors open. That is, without freezing us all. During the cold winter months I added cozy touches to our home with soft blankets and a whole lot of the fireplace channel – because real fireplaces aren’t a thing you can get in a new home nowadays.
Now that the spring weather is finally here, I’m adding fresh blooms and candles to our home, along with some pastel touches to brighten up our home. Having the windows wide open is also pretty awesome!
Mer Sea Travel Wrap c/o | Chambray Buttondown | White Denim | Daniel Wellington Watch | Mer Sea Quartz Candle c/o
Shop my closet
- As each season comes around I like to go through and clear out pieces I haven’t worn in the last year. This year I took it one step further and cleared out anything that I didn’t love or feel excited about keeping. Clearing out those pieces that just take up space is always so freeing and helps you take stock of what you have, and what you need.
Sell Your Unwanted Pieces
- Stores like Platos Closet and Style Encore are great options for selling your unwanted pieces. You won’t get a ton of money for your used items, but they will give you cash on the spot and it’s an easy way to get rid of those pieces that were taking up unwanted space. If you have more work-wear pieces, Style Encore is your best bet. Platos Closet is best for pieces from Forever 21, Abercrombie, H&M etc.
- If you have higher end pieces, consignment shops are likely your best bet. My favourite shop is The Way We Were in Georgetown.
- If you’re not into selling in person, there are many great online options. DePop, Instagram pages, or Facebook Buy and Sell Groups are some great options, aside from the classics like Kijiji and Ebay.
Use what you already have
- Once you have cleaned out your closet, go back through and pull out some of your staple pieces, as well as a few favourites from last year. Use those pieces as the base to build your wardrobe.
Stick with a colour palette
- To get more wear out of your wardrobe, or be able to pack for a week or more in a carry on, stick with a colour palette. Keeping with a consistent colour scheme will allow you to easily mix and match pieces, make more outfits, and stretch your wardrobe further. Mixing and matching pieces will give you the option to take a dozen pieces into a few dozen outfits.
- A few simple accessories will easily spice up a simple outfit and can take any look from day to night with a quick change.
Shop my closet:
Though Josh and I have been living together for a couple years this will be our first Christmas together in our condo, making this Christmas season extra exciting! In years past I spent Christmas morning with my family, waking up early, making waffles and having Baileys with our coffee while we unwrap our stockings. The Froom (my maiden name) family rule is that you have to spend the day in your pyjamas. I always look forward to those waffles and spending the day in my PJs playing board games and watching movies with my family. This year, I am so looking forward to waking up Christmas morning and starting our own traditions together – including mimosas and waffles of course.
When decorating our home I decided to go girly, which Josh was surprisingly okay with. It was so fun finding the perfect pieces to pull together my own Christmas style. I love getting to put my own twist on our home decor and get in the festive spirit with baking and many viewings of Elf.
Shop the post: